Presentations & Teaching
George T. Lynn, MA, MPA, LMHC
- April 18, 2017. KVMR radio. Nevada City, California. Featured speaker and panel member, live from the Nevada Theater, on "Screen Dependency and Our Children."
- November 8, 2013. Nebraska Department of Education, Lincoln, NB. Led two day workshop on "What Isn't Autism: How to Identify and Help Children with Autism and Co-Occurring Mental Health Issues at Home and at School."
- November 2, 2012. Minnesota Low Incidence Project for ASD. Redwing, Minnesota. Lead a day long workshop for parents, faculty, and counselors working with children on the autistic spectrum titled: “What Isn't Autism: How to Identify and Help Children with ASD and Co-Occurring Mental Health Issues at Home and School.”
- February 29, 2012. Minneapolis, MN. Presented day-long workshop to large group of educators working with autistic spectrum children on the subject of “Autism and Co-Occurring Mental Health Issues, K-12 and beyond.”
- 2008-2010, Adjunct Instructor, Department of Business and Continuing Education, Shoreline Community College, Shoreline, Washington. Presented 15 day long workshops for parents, therapists, teachers, law enforcement staff, and other professionals who work with children and young adults with AD/HD, Asperger's syndrome, Autistic Disorder, Tourette's syndrome, and Bipolar Disorder.
- November 13, 2008. Seattle Washington, and December 7, 2008 (Tacoma, Washington). Presented a two hour program titled “Practical Communication Strategies for Building Positive Relationships with People with Asperger's Syndrome.”
- November 20 and 21st, 2008 the Gathering Place, Clarksville, Maryland. Keynoted the What Works and Why conference sponsored by the Individual Differences in Learning (IDL) organization. For details go to IDL website
- October 15 and October 16, 2007, Keynote presentations “Nurturing the genius of your wild, odd, and oppositional child” and “Keys to parental hardiness for parents of very difficult children.” Association for Children's Mental Health, Lansing, Michigan. Use this link to download my article in the ACMH newsletter: “Six Parenting Practices for Bringing Out the Hidden Genius in Very Difficult Children.”
- July, 2007. Day long seminar “Assessing and teaching the child with early onset Bipolar Disorder.” Colorado State Department of Education, Positive Behavior Support Annual Symposium, Denver, Colorado. Download my PowerPoint for this seminar at: PBS PPT.
- April 2007, Keynote Presentation: “Genius! Nurturing the Spirit of the Wild, Odd, and Oppositional Child.” New York State Families Together Statewide Conference. Albany, N.Y. Visit firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- 2000 to 2005, Taught a course titled “Survival Strategies for Parenting Children with Bipolar Disorder” for Bellevue Community College, Bellevue, Washington.
- April, 2003. Keynote Presentation “Nurturing Success in the Challenging Child.” New York State Families Together, Albany, N.Y.
- March 28, 2003. “Nurturing the Genius of the Child with Asperger's Syndrome.” Autism Society of Washington's “Best of the Northwest” annual conference, Spokane, WA. (With Joanne Barrie Lynn).
- March 13, 2003. “Managing “Extreme AD/HD” in Children: How to Know When Bipolar Disorder, Tourette syndrome, or A Pervasive Developmental Disorder Are Part of the Picture.” ChADD N.W. Annual Conference, Eatonville, WA.
- January, 2003. Presented seminar on “Assessing and Treating the Child with Bipolar Disorder” in the neuropsychiatric certification program, Langara Community College, Vancouver, B.C., Canada.
- October, 2002. Keynote Presentation “Understanding and Fostering Success In the Difficult Child.” Family Support Services, Northern NY State Annual Conference, Glens Falls, N.Y.
- May, 2002. Keynote Presentation “Understanding and Fostering Success in The Difficult Child.” Family Support Services Western Region Annual Conference, Mt. Morris, N.Y.
- September, 2001. Presented seminar on “Surviving Adult ADD” on opening day of neuropsychiatric certificated program, Langara Community College, Vancouver, B.C., Canada. Shared opening day with Dr. Gabor Mate, author of Scattered Minds. Served on the committee that designed Langara's neuropsychology program.
- May, 2001. Presentation at the annual conference of the ADDA national conference (ADD Adults). “Bipolar Disorder and ADHD in Teens.” Seattle, WA.
- May, 2001. Presentation at the 14th NW Addictions Conference, Seattle, Washington on “Compulsive and Addictive Behaviors in Teens Diagnosed With Bipolar Disorder.”
- May, 2001. Keynote presentation at the yearly conference of NAMI North Carolina, Raleigh-Durham, N.C. “Survival Strategies for Parenting Children with Extreme Behavior.” Sponsored by Abbott Laboratories.
- December, 2000. Keynote presentation at the John Paul Ohadi Conference on Bipolar Disorder in Children, Josselyn Center, Chicago, Ill. Shared morning with Dr. Dimitri Papolos, author of The Bipolar Child. Conference topic was “The Treatment of Children and Adolescents with Bipolar Disorders: A Therapist's Perspective.”
- August, 1999. Keynote presentation for the State of Utah Div of Children Services, Provo, Utah. “Holistic Survival Strategies for Foster Care Parents.”
- May, 1999. Keynote presenter at the annual conference of the Tourette Syndrome Foundation of Canada in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Shared day with Dr. Ross Green, author of The Explosive Child. Topic was “Living with the Wounds and Blessings of Tourette Syndrome.”
- November, 1998. Presented two workshops for the PSADD (Puget Sound Adults with ADD) group in Seattle. (Dr. Lynn Weiss also presented at this conference).
- October, 1998. Presented two workshops for the ADDISS (ADD Information Svcs and Support) conference in London UK. One workshop was on “The ADD Time Sense.” another was on “Treating Obsessive Compulsive Disorder in Counseling.” Dr. Sam Goldstein was one of the keynoters at this international conference.
- June, 1998. Presented a workshop on “Managing Oppositionality” for the Tacoma Day Program in Tacoma, Washington for paraprofessional staff working with ADD children in summer camp.
- March, 1998. Presented a workshop on “Managing School Caused Stress” for the Washington State ChADD conference.
- February 11, 1998. Was the guest expert on the topic of children who rage (episode title “Little Terrors”) on the Maury Povich Show, New York.
- February, 1998. Presented a workshop for the Washington State Tourette Syndrome Association's annual training (Dr. Allen Unis was the other presenter for this 200 plus attendee conference). Topic was “Treating Tourette Syndrome in Psychotherapy.”
George T Lynn, MA, LMHC
1601 116th Ave NE
Bellevue, Washington 98004
fax: (425) 533-2312
Campus Office Park