George T. Lynn, MA, MPA, LMHC|
Psychotherapy · Bellevue and Seattle, WA
Though I began in the field formally as a crisis counselor in 1976, I have been interested in psychology since I was twelve. I am trained and experienced in stress psychology, cognitive-behavioral approaches, and from 1991, practical neuropsychology. I myself am diagnosed with ADD. This has given me a great respect for the impact of brain chemistry in how we see the world and act.
I have a vibrant, busy practice in bustling Bellevue, Washington, east of Seattle. I am trained and experienced as both an individual and marital counselor. I work in three broad areas of client concern and issues:
- Marital and relationship counseling
- Individual counseling, especially with regard to depression, anxiety, and stress
- Child and individual counseling for people with attention differences such as ADHD, Asperger’s syndrome, and Bipolar Disorder
I have a lot of respect for the courage it takes to come to a counselor. I see my role with adults and kids is to involve listening to the person to get a sense of both the predicament that brought them and the genius within them that will help them answer the important questions and devise the right solutions!
I am author of four popular books on the topic of parenting children with neurological differences, and have appeared on the Maury Povich Show, National Public Radio, and Air America to discuss my work and writing. I have held teaching positions at two universities and have been a keynote presenter at major national and international mental health conferences.
- University of Colorado, Masters in Public Administration with an emphasis in Organization Behavior (Boulder, 1972)
- Antioch University San Francisco, Masters in Psychology (1978).
Licensed Mental Health Counselor, State of Washington, #LH00005847
home | about me | services
faqs | books | other publications
presentations | forms | links
definitions | location | contact
George T. Lynn, M.A., M.P.A., L.M.H.C.
Campus Office Park
1601 116th Ave. N.E. Suite 104
Bellevue, WA 98004